Career Coaching in Sydney for high-achieving, conscious professionals.
Career coaching in Sydney for authentic success.
This is career coaching. But not like you know it.
Whether you want to get promoted and noticed or you’re looking for a new direction, the GAIA Career Coaching program is for you. Our conscious career coaching methodology combines ambition with deep, consciousness-led action to make huge transformations in your career possible. Let’s start the conversation today.
What is career coaching?
Coaching is one of the newer and fast-growing industries, especially in the US and Europe; and now also in Australia. And like with every other re-invented growing craft, there are many unknowns, misunderstandings and open questions. Career coaching is a specialised area within the coaching industry focusing on the needs of high-achievers and top-performers.This Career Coaching guide will cover all you need to know about career coaching, why it is important, what is leading-edge in this field, how you can best benefit from it, and how you know that this is for you. The guide answers frequently asked questions we receive about Career Coaching here at GAIA Coaching in Sydney. Our aim is to provide you the knowledge, insights and tools to make a conscious decision for yourself. In particular we will cover: This guide will cover the following questions we receive frequently about career coaching here at GAIA Coaching.
- What this Career Coaching guide covers?
- What is career coaching today?
- What is cutting-edge in career coaching?
- What are the benefits of conscious career coaching?
- What is the difference between career coaching and executive coaching?
- What is the return on investment (ROI) of career coaching?
- What is the difference between career coaching and career mentoring?
- How do I know that I need career coaching?
- How can I get the most out of career coaching?
- How to transform your career within weeks?
- Meet us – Susanne Rauer – your expert Sydney-based executive career coach.
- How could you start your career transformation, today?
“ I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.”
Stephen Covey, Author of The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
Why career coaching?
You’ve got the job. Or maybe you’re looking for the next one. Wherever you are in your career, knowing what step to take next can be a minefield.Career coaching supports people like you in making informed decisions about the development and trajectory of their career, as well as provide expert guidance around the tools you can use to meet those goals. A career coach will work with a specific type of client, often in an industry that they have deep expertise in, to guide them towards strategic actions they can take to achieve their career objectives. The role of the career coach will be to work with you to:
- Discover, clarify, and align the ‘optimum outcome’ you want to achieve
- Encourage deep self-discovery to facilitate meaningful progress
- Help create solutions and strategies that you believe in
- Hold you responsible and accountable for your success
- Gained a new perspective on personal challenges
- Learned better decision-making skills
- Improved their communication and effectiveness
“Step out of the history that is holding you back. Step into the new story you are willing to create.”
Oprah Winfrey, CEO, Publisher, Actress & Innovator
What is conscious career coaching?
As a high-achiever, it’s easy to keep moving onto the next challenge without sparing a thought for whether your day-to-day actions are creating a deep sense of fulfilment or satisfaction.At GAIA Coaching we believe that if you are doing something you really, truly enjoy, it shouldn’t feel like work at all. And we believe the only way to create a truly meaningful, fulfilling career that doesn’t feel like work is by aligning your work with your values. Time and time again we’ve seen that adopting a conscious leadership model into your daily decision-making contributes to a greater sense of alignment between your work and your values. It is in this space of overlap is where a deeper sense of career gratification or fulfillment becomes a reality. Through our unique conscious-leadership based Career Coaching program at GAIA Coaching, you’ll learn:
- What type of work you feel truly aligned to and fulfilled by e.g. whether you’re a specialist or generalist
- What unique skills and strengths you can contribute, and how to market these to find your dream role
- Which self-limiting beliefs and behaviours need to be dismantled and replaced with new, productive behaviours and thought processes
- What actions you need to take to achieve your optimum career outcome
What are the benefits of conscious career coaching?
Career coaching will reveal deep insights about what truly matters to you.The benefits of conscious-leadership based career coaching aren’t just limited to the workplace. Because career coaching will often reveal deep insights about what truly matters to you, often you’ll find all types of decision-making come from a place of ease, whether at work or in your personal life. Our GAIA Coaching coaches honor the client as the expert in his or her life and work, and believe every client is creative, resourceful and whole. Whether you need career-change coaching, career-transition coaching, interview coaching, you want to better coach your own team, or more, the core virtue of conscious leadership-based career coaching is to work with you as a whole person, to create the optimum outcome in all aspects of your life. It is to help you assess your professional and personal situations with a greater degree of honesty, curiosity, empathy and compassion. When operating from a place of higher conscious awareness becomes second nature, it means you’re ideally placed to:
- Rationally make the trade-offs you need to find the right balance between financial and personal happiness
- Understand and identify your life goals and how you can fulfill these while excelling in your work
- Prioritise between the non-negotiable and nice-to-have criteria in both your work and personal life, allowing for seamless integration between the two
- Understand where you need flexibility or structure, and how to achieve this – whether at work or in your personal life
“The best way to predict the future is to create it.”
Abraham Lincoln, 16th US president
What is the difference between career coaching and executive coaching?
‘Executive’ is an attitude to life – not a position in a hierarchy.Most coaches will offer career coaching and executive coaching as two distinct types of programs that offer expert guidance for professionals at different levels of their career. Career coaching tends to be aimed at mid-level professionals. Executive coaching works to accelerate the careers of those in senior management level positions across various types of organisations. At GAIA Coaching, we are specialists in both working with mid and senior level professionals through our Sydney-based Executive Coaching program and Career Coaching programs. We are experts at coaching, facilitating and supporting leaders and professionals within the management consulting, IT, finance and engineering industries. So, regardless of which program is the best fit for you, each experience will be tailored to your specific needs. However, since all our coaches come from a senior leadership level background themselves, as a client in our Career Coaching program you’ll be uniquely advantaged to receive high quality insight, guidance and advice from executive-level coaches. This means you’ll receive expert guidance on challenges you face at your career level – but you’ll also start to think, act and lead like a higher level executive, right from your first session.
“Try not to become a man of success, but rather […] a man of value.”
Albert Einstein, theoretical physicist and father the theory of relativity
What’s the ROI for career coaching?
Career Coaching is a necessary investment in yourself when you are a high-achiever.At GAIA Coaching we believe career coaching is a necessary investment in yourself; and when you invest in yourself, you invest in your team and you invest in your organisation. Our methods are designed around your specific needs, based on a deep understanding of challenges commonly faced by high-achievers in the management consulting, IT, engineering and finance industries. Your bespoke program will track tangible commercial goals specific to your organisation, in addition to your own personal ROI (pROI) in areas identified as being important for your own personal and professional development as a well rounded, conscious professional. So, that you can get the most out of your coaching, we discuss the results you’re achieving both inside and out in each and every session. Each session is a like a review in itself, which allows us to tweak and tailor your bespoke coaching experience.
“Dreams are extremely important. You can’t do it unless you imagine it.”
George Lucas, filmmaker and entrepreneur
What’s the difference between career coaching and career mentoring?
Career Coaching is about questioning you into deep insight.When you receive guidance from a career advisor, career counsellor, manager or mentor at your place of work, this will often be to help you improve your performance within the scope of the role and organisation you are already in. The advice you are offered will be very likely influenced by political factors, and will often be with the best interests of your organisation at heart, first and foremost. At GAIA Coaching, we believe Career Coaching is about the individual first. When we work together, your organisation will automatically benefit as a result of deeply transformative action, you will begin to take immediately and intuitively. But we explore all avenues to make sure that you have all the tools and clarity you need to perform at your best, whether within or outside of your current company. As opposed to career mentoring that you get, either independently or within the workplace, career coaching is very much results-focused and centred around your own specific challenges and opportunities. This means that each session and journey is tailored to your individual needs, strategic desires and practical actions. But we won’t give you the answers or tell you what to do, like a mentor might. Instead your GAIA Career Coach will help you to discover answers intuitively, and carry out action that lead to meaningful change in every aspect of your life, from a place of deep self-awareness. This is because we believe career coaching is about taking you on a journey of self-discovery. It’s about facilitating and empowering you to develop as a professional person first; and only then can you develop as the emerging leader, you already know you are. It means that career coaching is a team effort – together, we work to achieve the optimum outcome for your life.
How do I know that I need career coaching?
Over 50% of managers are not ready to lead others when they start.Career Builder reports that 58% of managers weren’t ready to lead when they began managing others. It’s no surprise then, that a study by Deloitte reports that 80% of young people don’t like their jobs, when it’s more than likely that they are working with people who do not possess the skill and insight to benefit their team and organisation to their full potential. Professionals can seek the help of a career coach for a range of different reasons. We are increasingly finding that career coaching is necessary than to bridge the skills gap within individuals to become innovative, effective professionals that are trained to generate results. This is even more true in leading-edge management consulting, IT, finance and engineering organisations. Here are 4 common reasons to enlist the help of a career coach:
1. You’re no longer enjoying your workIf you find yourself lacking motivation and everything seems to bother you it may actually be that you’re dissatisfied in your job. Everybody has bad days at work, but job dissatisfaction in your 20s and 30s may impact your health later, new research suggests. A GAIA Career Coach can help you figure out why you aren’t enjoying your work and help you successfully transition to a role more aligned with your passions, skills, and values.
2. You’re at a crossroads, or not sure where to go nextPerhaps you feel that you’re losing control at work, or facing greater uncertainty. Or maybe you feel out of alignment with your current role or company. You may even know deep down inside that you’re meant for something greater, but you’re not sure what that is, where to start or how to make it happen. Speaking to a GAIA Career Coach can help you find the answers to all these questions and put you on the road to overcoming them.
3. You’d like a salary raise or promotion, but you’re not sure how to get thereAs a high achiever, it’s natural to want the recognition and compensation that a promotion usually brings. However, it’s not always obvious how to achieve it. The GAIA Career Coaching program can help you not only achieve the necessary goals to build a strong case for promotion, but also help you navigate the politics and prepare for performance review and compensation discussions.
4. You feel stuckYou may feel like your career has plateaued, or that you lack options to move up in the company. You might feel like there’s just no room for growth and learning within your company or industry. Speaking to a GAIA Career Coach will help you figure out if there are creative ways to advance or if a career change is what you need to feel unstuck and excited about your career again.
“If you can push through that feeling of being scared, that feeling of taking a risk, really amazing things can happen.”
Marissa Mayer, former President and CEO of Yahoo!
How can I get the most out of career coaching?
Make a commitment to yourself and take action.Career coaching works best when you are in a position where you can truly focus and invest in exploring yourself, developing new self-awareness and giving 100% to taking action to get the best results. At GAIA Coaching we aim for lasting results. Instead of directing you to the answers, we work with you to raise deep consciousness from within and empower you to choose solutions which are intuitively powerful and sustainable in your life. We have often seen that the success of the professionals on our Career Coaching program often comes down to three factors: being honest, having the right mindset and taking action.
1. Being honestBeing honest means coming to each session ready to communicate about what challenges you are facing, both externally and internally, in work or personal life. It means fully embracing the coaching relationship as a safe space for open communication without fear of judgement, so that a plan can be put in place that achieves the optimum outcome based on your challenges in both work and personal life.
2. Right mindsetHaving the right mindset, a growth mindset, means being ready to receive feedback with an open mind, and understanding that only you have the power to create lasting change in your life. It means listening actively, but also being open to doing things in a different way. It means understanding that while a coach can be a transformative element in your life, they cannot provide you with answers or tell you what to do. They can facilitate a deeper understanding and awareness of the self, but they cannot make decisions for you.
3. Take actionTaking action means, taking the action necessary to step into your new identity as a highly competent, deeply conscious leader. It means being ready to make life-changing transformations. It means being open to new ideas, being willing to step out of your comfort zone and being motivated to build a deeply conscious, results-oriented approach to your career.
“When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favour.”
Elon Musk, Founder of PayPal, SpaceX, The Boring Company, Tesla and more
How can I transform my career quickly?
Develop a highly evolved, integrated and conscious worldview.
As a high-achiever in a successful management consulting, IT, finance or engineering organisation, it’s more important than ever to possess a highly evolved, integrated and conscious worldview – and at GAIA Coaching, this is what we help you achieve.
When you enrol in the GAIA Career Coaching program, you’ll see transformations in three main areas:
1. Changing deep rooted behaviours
You’ll gain a deep understanding of how your work affects your life, as well as deep diving into personal issues that could be affecting you at work. You will overcome self-limiting beliefs and replace them with positive thinking and behaviour patterns that come from a place of deep, conscious self-awareness.
2. Becoming more effective in your current role
Within our first few sessions you’ll have a clear view of your strengths and skills, and know how to make the most of them within your work.
You’ll also become clear on how to achieve the next step in your career, compile a realistic set of goals and a plan of action and find out what type of job, role or organisation will allow you to feel fulfilled in your career.
3. Finding your authentic future direction
Deeper awareness of your unique strengths and personal brand means you’ll be able to stand out from the crowd when competing with other job seekers. You’ll also undertake highly personalised interview coaching to ensure you make a great impression when interviewing for a new role. In addition, you’ll learn exactly what you need to do to make a lasting impression in your new position quickly and successfully.
The GAIA Career Coaching program deep-dives into your specific areas of improvement to unlock your most unparalleled levels of authentic and effective decision-making.
You’ll quickly find that integrity, conscious self-awareness and strategic, future-based thinking take centre stage. And through the construction of a highly personalised action plan, you’ll be empowered to step into your power as a dynamic, emotionally intelligent professional within weeks.
1. Changing deep rooted behavioursYou’ll gain a deep understanding of how your work affects your life, as well as deep diving into personal issues that could be affecting you at work. You will overcome self-limiting beliefs and replace them with positive thinking and behaviour patterns that come from a place of deep, conscious self-awareness.
2. Becoming more effective in your current roleWithin our first few sessions you’ll have a clear view of your strengths and skills, and know how to make the most of them within your work. You’ll also become clear on how to achieve the next step in your career, compile a realistic set of goals and a plan of action and find out what type of job, role or organisation will allow you to feel fulfilled in your career.
3. Finding your authentic future directionDeeper awareness of your unique strengths and personal brand means you’ll be able to stand out from the crowd when competing with other job seekers. You’ll also undertake highly personalised interview coaching to ensure you make a great impression when interviewing for a new role. In addition, you’ll learn exactly what you need to do to make a lasting impression in your new position quickly and successfully. The GAIA Career Coaching program deep-dives into your specific areas of improvement to unlock your most unparalleled levels of authentic and effective decision-making. You’ll quickly find that integrity, conscious self-awareness and strategic, future-based thinking take centre stage. And through the construction of a highly personalised action plan, you’ll be empowered to step into your power as a dynamic, emotionally intelligent professional within weeks.
Helping you to grow and succeed is her passion
From high-achiever to high-achieverAn ex-senior executive of over 25 years with 13 business and executive coaching-related certifications, Susanne first experienced the deeply transformational effects of executive and career coaching several years ago. Within weeks her entire outlook on life changed. With it swiftly followed a new, holistic approach to matters of work and personal relationships. Decisions were no longer reactive or fearful – but instead made from a place of authenticity, clarity and empowerment. Now as a master executive and career coach, for over 6 years Susanne has used her extensive training, sharp business acumen, conscious leadership and intuitive coaching skills to guide dozens of senior business leaders and top-tier professionals towards holistic success in both business and personal lives. The aim? To raise deep consciousness one leader at a time, to empower them to make resourceful, conscious decisions from a place of calm and clarity. And with specialisms in implementing complex processes, managing organisational change and running large, diverse teams across varied P&Ls in management consulting, IT, finance and engineering industries, Susanne guides senior leaders in these organisations to become world-class professionals who lead with integrity and authenticity. Every executive and professional leaves a session with Susanne with a bespoke plan of action that allows them to rise to every challenge – long after any coaching takes place. Using authentic and conscious decision-making as a springboard for success, Susanne works in the heart of Sydney’s Barangaroo with individual clients who are highly driven, and ready for a maximum-accountability career and executive coaching program to accelerate their careers to new levels.
“Opportunities don’t happen, you create them.’
Chris Grosser, Sales Advisor Tesla