Fast track your business success. Transform your life with business coaching in Sydney.
Turn your business dreams into a profitable reality with result-driven, conscious business coaching in Sydney.
Tried and tested methods. 25 years of experience. Authentic, conscious leadership.
Our business coaching methodology combines ambition with deep, consciousness-led action to make huge transformations in your business a reality within weeks.
What is Business Coaching?
Coaching is one of the newer and fast-growing industries, especially in the US and Europe; and now also in Australia. And like with every other re-invented growing craft, there are many unknowns, misunderstandings and open questions. Business coaching is a specialised area within the coaching industry focusing on the distinct needs of new and accomplished business owners.This Business Coaching guide will cover all you need to know about business coaching, why it is important, what is leading-edge in this field, how you can best benefit from it, and how you know that this is for you. The guide answers frequently asked questions we receive about Business Coaching here at GAIA Coaching in Sydney. Our aim is to provide you the knowledge, insights and tools to make a conscious decision for yourself. In particular we will cover:
- What this Business Coaching guide covers?
- What is business coaching?
- What is conscious business coaching?
- What are the benefits of conscious business coaching?
- What is the difference between business coaching and business mentoring?
- I’ve only just started my business, is it worthwhile getting business coaching now?
- What’s the ROI for business coaching?
- How do I know that I need business coaching?
- How can I get the most out of business coaching?
- Transform your business within weeks, here in Sydney.
- Meet Susanne Rauer – your expert Sydney-based business coach.
- Transform your business. Transform your life. Starting right now.
“Fear regret more than failure.”
Dr. Taryn Rose, orthopaedic surgeon turned shoe designer and serial entrepreneur
What is business coaching?You’ve got the idea. But making it a success? That’s a whole different story. As a driven entrepreneur or small business owner you know, that running your own business requires a lot of work. And while generating a business idea is a great fun and a good starting point, you know all too well that a great idea doesn’t become a business without sustained effort. According to the Gallup Wellbeing Index, 45% of entrepreneurs report being stressed, and of those nearly three quarters report either direct or indirect experience with adverse mental health. There’s no rulebook for being a business owner, and without the right guidance entrepreneurs can run the risk of expending time, money and energy on things that don’t move the needle for your business. But this is where a business coach can make a world of difference. Within your first couple of sessions, a business coach can help you to look deep inside to understand exactly how you can take your business from where it currently is to where it needs to be.
At GAIA Coaching, our business coaches will ask the tough questions necessary to transform your results.Together we will plan and prioritise what goals and strategies are needed to help progress your business closer to its goal. In doing so, you’ll quickly find yourself saving huge amounts of time, money and energy by becoming clearer on your vision for your business, becoming clearer on who you need to be to run your business successfully and how your business fits in with your personal goals.
What is conscious business coaching?We believe that empowered business owners are deeply conscious business owners. They are proactive, intuitive and make decisions from a place of deep authentic alignment. But this can only happen when business coaching goes a step further than the norm. The GAIA Business Coaching program is about taking you on a journey of self-discovery. Using the power of radical transparency and honesty, together we will lay the groundwork for you to make truly empowered decisions that facilitate deep development as a business owner and in your personal life. Together, we’ll work to achieve the optimum outcome for your life by adopting a conscious leadership model into your daily decision-making. And through facilitating deeper awareness of the self, we help you transition away from unproductive behaviours and thought patterns that are putting roadblocks in your progress, and step towards great leadership as a state of being. With an understanding of key personal KPIs as well as business KPIs, within weeks you will be on the way to creating a truly meaningful, fulfilling business that aligns completely with your values and is financial viable.
Conscious leadership-based business coaching helps you become a more well-rounded entrepreneur who runs your business with integrity, with ease and grace.You are able to efficiently and effectively navigate the constant demands and inputs from your clients, the market, your competitors or employees with sensitivity, clarity and flexibility. You are able to step into a new identity as a powerful, intuitive entrepreneur who knows anything is achievable by having a growth mindset, curiosity, open-mindedness, and a willingness to be sensitive to others around you.
“Know yourself and you will win all battles.”
Lao Tzu, ancient Chinese philosopher and writer
What are the benefits of conscious business coaching?The beauty of conscious leadership-based business coaching is that it will reveal deep insights about what truly matters to you. You’ll find that decision-making across all aspects of life come from a place of alignment, ease, and grace. The GAIA Business Coaching program balances mindset with action. This allows you to facilitate deep breakthroughs and implement proven best-practice systems and processes, many of which are often too complex and difficult to implement without the proper guidance. This means we’ll help you build a business ethos based on integrity, ownership and accountability, but also help you find the right strategic tools and systems to put this into practice.
Becoming a more consciously aware business owner means you’ll learn to ask yourself the right questions in the right moments.And in turn, you’ll find that you become a better leader not just in your business but in all areas of your life. This is because we don’t believe you can run a business without attending to the needs of the ‘whole’ person. So, as well as looking at what your business needs, every step of the way we’ll be inviting you to use conscious leadership skills to assess professional and personal situations with a more honesty, curiosity, empathy and compassion. Although results will vary depending on your needs, we find that when operating with higher consciousness becomes second nature, many of our clients find themselves easily:
- Navigating through emotional blocks and self-sabotaging behavior
- Making decisions with greater self-awareness and clarity of purpose
- Managing time and tasks more effectively
- Becoming more motivated and productive
- Increasing financial performance
- Creating balance between personal and professional life
- Communicating more effectively
What is the difference between business coaching and business mentoring?
Business coaching and business mentoring are two distinct types of guidance available to business owners. Perhaps the biggest difference between them is that the way they work.
A business mentor will normally focus on advising the business owner on which direction to take, while a business coach focuses on helping the business owner develop the skills to know intuitively what they need to do. A coach will also provide accountability for the business owner and help them find the right goals.
At GAIA Coaching we are experts at coaching, facilitating and supporting business owners and entrepreneurs from a consulting, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, coaching, health and beauty and personal and professional development background. We are supporting start-ups of this calibre, and we also coach senior business leaders and professionals through our Sydney-based Executive Coaching and Career Coaching programs.
This gives you a unique advantage. Since all our coaches come from a senior leadership level background themselves and support clients at a high level, as a client in our business coaching program you’ll receive high quality insight, guidance and advice at a very advanced level.
This means you’ll be equipped with the tools to think, act and run your business like a world-class executive, right from your first session.
I’ve only just started my business, is it worthwhile getting business coaching now?Many small business owners find it difficult to know what to prioritise when it comes to making their business vision a reality. And with as many as 9 out of 10 businesses failing, receiving the right guidance from the start can make a world of difference when starting your own business. With our business coaching clients coming from a range of different backgrounds, we know that everyone faces the reality of life as an entrepreneur with different challenges. As our coaches work quickly to uncover and dismantle unproductive thoughts and behaviours, we often find many of our clients express that they wish they had started working with us earlier. This is because our program is tailored around your specific needs, and asks the tough questions needed for deep self-reflection in early stage entrepreneurship.
Clarity, self-awareness, strategic and practical planning aligned to a strong vision is key.Each session aims to bring about the clarity, self-awareness, strategic planning skills and vision needed in the first few months of a new business to ramp up quickly and become truly successful in the long run. In our coaching sessions, you’ll find us engaging in several of the following strategies:
- Asking deeply searching questions
- Communicate directly and intentionally, providing feedback, requests and challenges
- Setting tasks that stretch you beyond your comfort zone
- Helping you to understand how to learn, practice, and sustain new habits
- Expanding your capacity for creative thinking and action taking
- Creating an environment where it is safe to take risks
- Referring you other qualified professionals for further development, as necessary and appropriate
“I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.”
Stephen Covey, Author of The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
What’s the ROI for business coaching?At GAIA Coaching we believe business coaching is a necessary investment in yourself; and when you invest in yourself, you invest in the success of your business. This investment marks the beginning of your transformation – one which is important to track to make sure you’re making tangible progress. And in order to do this, we believe the ROI of your business coaching investment should be measured based on both behavioural and performance outcomes. Therefore, we begin your bespoke business coaching program by identifying commercial goals specific to your business (performance outcomes). We will also look at KPIs that will help determine what your own personal success looks like – we call this the personal ROI (pROI) – or the behavioural outcomes of your program.
Results. Results. Results.We’ll also discuss the results you’re achieving both inside and out in each and every session, and tweak and tailor your bespoke coaching experience based on the results you’re experiencing week-to-week. Although it’s important to focus on commercial and financial ROI, we have seen consistently that setting both personal and business goals helps business owners become more well-rounded, conscious entrepreneurs who have superior ability to integrate all aspects of their lives. We’ll often find that clients who experienced greater personal ROI also experience higher levels of commercial and financial success.
“If it doesn’t challenge you, it won’t change you.”
Fred DeVito, Film Maker
How do I know that I need business coaching?The world of employment rarely prepares you for the world of entrepreneurship, and being a good employee does not mean you’ll be a good business owner. Many entrepreneurs learn this the hard way. And while entrepreneurs can seek the help of a business coach for a range of different reasons. We are increasingly finding that business coaching is necessary for small-to-medium sized business owners.
4 common reasons to engage a business coach
1. You’re at a crossroads and not sure which way to turnEven the most ambitious entrepreneurs can struggle to make the decision to scale their business, as it often entails stepping into the unknown. When you realise that the effort that got you to this point doesn’t seem to be taking you further, disrupting your operations to upskill or change the way your business is run can be a daunting decision that is difficult to make. When working with a GAIA Business Coach, we’ll work through any indecision with deep conscious-awareness led guidance. Within weeks, careful planning, strategising and brainstorming will help you implement the right plan to successfully grow your business in a way that feels authentic to you and aligned to your values.
2. You’re not sure how to grow your businessYou may have reached a point where you can give no more in your business. Maybe you are tired, stressed, overworked and unsure of how to move the needle forward. Maybe you’ve capped your income. You may be manually handling tasks that employees or automated processes could be handling for you. A GAIA Business Coach will help you to clarify and understand what is blocking your progress, redefine your offer where necessary, understand how to automate for growth, help you hire the right team to jump start growth and greater financial success.
3. Feeling overwhelmed has become the normThe advantage of being a business owner is having full control over all aspects of your business. However, many business owners will often find their time occupied with performing tasks that could easily be outsourced or delegated. In doing so, it’s easy to get so stuck in day-to-day work that thinking seriously about the future of your company falls by the wayside. A GAIA Business Coach can help you establish your role and responsibilities as business leader, as well as your personal values you’d like to encompass in all aspects of life and your business. In doing so, you will create strategic goals that will help you to connect your business activities directly to your personal values, as well as the business outcomes you would like to create. This often means that you will naturally let go of the impulse to do everything in the company, and think more clearly and strategically about how to progress your business success.
4. You’re either not reaching goals, or not sure if you have the right onesPerhaps you’ve set down your goals for yourself and your business, but you just can’t seem to meet them. Before giving up, it’s worth talking to an objective, experienced accountability partner to understand whether you’re really pushing yourself to do everything you can to meet those goals. Or whether you need new goals entirely. A GAIA business coach will not only be your confidante and accountability partner, but together we will also be able to look at your tasks objectively and understand where you can afford to streamline and set goals that allow you to make meaningful progress in your business. The GAIA business coaching program can help you not only achieve the necessary goals to build a strong case for your business, but also help you navigate any challenging business situations and prepare you for performance review and compensation discussions.
“Demand more from yourself than anyone could ever expect.”
Tony Robbins, American author, public speaker, life coach, and philanthropist
How can I get the most out of business coaching?At GAIA Coaching we aim for lasting results. Instead of directing you to the answers, we work with you to raise deep consciousness from within and empower you to choose solutions which are intuitively powerful and sustainable in your life. Business coaching works best when you are in a position where you can truly focus and invest in exploring yourself, developing new self-awareness and giving 100% to taking action to get the best results. We have seen that the success of the professionals on our business coaching program often comes down to three factors: being honest, having a growth mindset and taking action.
1. Business coaching demands honesty and transparencyBeing honest means coming to each session ready to communicate about what challenges you are facing, both tangible and intangible, as well as externally and internally, in work or personal life. It means fully embracing the coaching relationship as a safe space for open communication without fear of judgement, so that a plan can be put in place that achieves the optimum outcome based on your challenges in both work and personal life.
2. Business coaching means constantly learning and growingHaving a growth mindset means being ready to receive feedback with an open mind, and understanding that only you have the power to create lasting change in your life. It means taking full responsibility for your results. It means listening actively, but also being open to explore new thought patterns, strategies and ideas and doing things in a different way. It also means understanding that while a coach can be a transformative element in your life, they cannot provide you with answers or tell you what to do. They can facilitate a deeper understanding and awareness of the self, but they cannot make decisions for you.
3. Business coaching is an active experienceTaking action means being able to reflect on limiting beliefs and behaviours and to take action necessary to step into your new identity as a highly competent, impactful and deeply conscious leader. We understand that it is not always easy, as it often means moving past deep-seated fears and unresourceful, limiting beliefs and behaviours that may have developed over a lifetime. But it is only once you take action that true change occurs.
“Growth and comfort do not coexist.”
Ginni Rometty, Executive Chairman and former CEO of IBM
How can I transform my business quickly?
Develop a highly evolved, integrated and conscious business-view.As a passionate person who wants to add true value to their clients, it’s more important than ever to possess a highly evolved, integrated and conscious market and business-view – and at GAIA Coaching, this is what we help you achieve. When you enrol in the GAIA business coaching program, you’ll see transformations in three main areas:
1. You’ll take smarter, deeply aligned actionA deep understanding of how your business affects your life, and any personal issues that could be affecting your business will allow you to understand what actions will help you to thrive in both your business and personal life. Together, we’ll help you replace any self-limiting beliefs with positive thinking and behaviour patterns that help you navigate through roadblocks intuitively, and come from a place of deep, conscious self-awareness.
2. Becoming more effective in your current roleWithin our first few sessions you’ll have a clear view of your strengths and skills, and know how to make the most of them within your work. You will also become clear on how to achieve the next step in your business, compile a realistic set of goals and a plan of action and find out what types of roles will allow you to feel fulfilled and be successful in your business.
3. Finding your authentic future directionDeeper awareness of your unique strengths and personal brand means you’ll be able to stand out from the crowd when competing with other businesses. You’ll also undertake highly personalised management coaching to ensure you feel confident and authentic when managing challenging staff, business partner and customer conversations. In addition, you’ll learn exactly what your personal north-star is and how this translates into a business, which you are passionate about again, and which brings you the success all your great efforts deserve. The GAIA business coaching program deep-dives into your specific areas of improvement to unlock your most unparalleled levels of authentic and effective decision-making. You’ll quickly find that integrity, conscious self-awareness and strategic thinking take centre stage. And through the construction of a highly personalised action plan, you’ll be empowered to step into your power as a dynamic, emotionally intelligent business owner within weeks.
Helping you to grow your business is her passion
From business owner to business ownerAn ex-senior executive of over 25 years, a business owner of over 5 years, and tens of business and executive coaching-related certifications, Susanne first experienced the deeply transformational effects of coaching several years ago. Within weeks her entire outlook on life changed. With it swiftly followed a new, holistic approach to matters of work and personal relationships. Decisions were no longer reactive or fearful – but instead made from a place of authenticity, clarity and empowerment. Now as a master business coach and coach trainer, for over 5 years Susanne has used her extensive training, sharp business acumen, conscious leadership and intuitive coaching skills to guide committed new and established business owners towards holistic success in both business and personal lives.
Conscious decision making is the keyThe aim? To raise deep consciousness one leader at a time, to empower them to make resourceful, conscious decisions from a place of calm and clarity. And with specialisms in implementing complex processes and systems, managing organisational change and running small and large, diverse teams across varied P&Ls mainly in management consulting, IT, and finance industries, Susanne not only guides senior leaders in these organisations to become world-class professionals who lead with integrity and authenticity, she also leverages her vast variety of skills and expertise from working within these large, successful tier 1 organisations to help small and medium business owners to accelerate their business; whether to jump start your new business idea (time for idea to first sale) or to turn your business around and set it up for sustainable saleability and profitability (cost-revenue-ratio). Every business owner leaves a session with Susanne with a bespoke and smart plan of action that allows them to rise to every challenge – long after any coaching takes place. Using authentic and conscious decision-making as a springboard for success, Susanne works in the heart of Sydney’s Barangaroo with individual clients who are highly driven, and are ready to commit to a maximum-accountability business coaching program to accelerate their business results to new levels.
Is the GAIA Career Coaching program for me?
The Sydney-based GAIA business coaching program is a high accountability, high transformation experience combining conscious leadership skills with strategic and industry-specific frameworks for success.It is for highly passionate and driven entrepreneurs and business owners who have a proven track record of resilience and perseverance, and have already decided that the next level of success is theirs. All they need now is the accountability, process and structure to achieve the results they already know they are capable of. For business owners and entrepreneurs of this calibre, our signature coaching programme will achieve the desired results through a combination of:
1. Set clear strategic objectivesExploring and setting business and personal strategic objectives, and creating a practical execution plan to achieve them
2. Understand and align your personal and business visionWhat success looks like for you and your business, and how to make both happen in congruence with each other.
3. Understand and align your personal, business and employee valuesUnderstanding your own key values, and aligning and communicate these through your business values to your clients, employees and business partners, so that challenging conversations and though decision-making feels authentic and congruent.
4. Create or update your business model and strategy (AKA Operating Model)Exploring and becoming deeply conscious of the beliefs and motivations that truly drive your clients and employee’s behaviour, and create a scalable business and personal strategy to apply conscious decision-making and conscious leadership to excel in every aspect of your thinking and execution, which translates into tangible business success.
5. Create a practical success plan to execute (AKA the 90 Day Game Plan)Identifying meaningful business and personal goals and outcomes as well as creating a detailed plan to achieve these, taking into account the full suite of conscious leadership tools at hand.
6. Ongoing email and messenger supportReal-time support with day-to-day challenges, so you have the guidance you need when and where you need it.
Thank youThank you for spending this time with us. We appreciate your interest and trust that this business coaching guide was of value to you. Please feel free to reach out in case you would have any further questions, feedback or ideas.
It’s time to create radical results in your business. Start your transformation today with the GAIA business coaching program.
Shoe Designer and Serial Entrepreneur