I had a great time listening to Mark Randolph sharing The Story of Netflix yesterday – ‘Nobody knows anything!’ by Willian Goldman
As the founding CEO he shared insights and lessons learned about this exciting business journey. Below I am sharing some of my key notes:
- Everyone who has ever taken a shower has had an idea. It’s the person who gets out of the shower, dries off, and does something about it that makes a difference.’ By Nolan Bushnell
- Be the master of bad ideas
- Live by the motto ‘Nobody knows anything!’ by William Goldman
- Test all ideas quickly
- You don’t need special training
- You need tolerance for risk
- Look for pain: What’s wrong? What do you know well?
- Confidence & Persistence will let you know what works
- Early testing is more important than perfection
- If you can predict that your industry/ business is safe, optimize the crap out of it
- If your industry changes, is challenged, keep the people who are ready and radical enough to change everything
- #FunFact: Mark’s paternal great-granduncle was psychoanalysis pioneer Sigmund Freud
☎️ Ask a Specific Question
Please feel free to send me a LinkedIn message with your feedback or book in a 15 min call for any specific questions you may have. I am looking forward to continued meaningful connections.
Meet the author
An Executive Coaching Point of View (ExCoVi)
As an Executive Master Coach and Trainer, I am very fortunate to work with various talented, high-achieving and wonderful people. Every time I coach, I learn something new about my client, our society and myself. The summary of thoughts is based on emerging themes across all kinds of interactions I have; be it one-on-one executive coaching, group coaching or coaching training. ExCoVis are meant to invite people to think differently based on scientifically or statistically proven understanding and lateral thinking. None of the content is meant to offend anyone in any way and is rather an invitation to discuss different executive points of view with respect and integrity. The content is shared to raise awareness and to inspire people to integrate their conscious and unconscious mind and therefore transform unconscious behaviour into conscious behaviour.
GAIA Coaching – Your boutique executive coaching partner – Sydney, Australia.